“But seek first His kingdom, and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
The Bible is the greatest love story ever told. God loves us and we are called to love and serve Him and our fellow man in response to the love that He has first shown us. As Christians, our hearts have been touched for now and for eternity with the love of God and His grace, mercy and provision. Jesus desires us to seek Him first in all we do, in response to His awesome love, a matter of the heart!
You are being invited to continue to “Seek Him First” as a part of our 2016 Stewardship Campaign. Our November stewardship sermon series is titled “Seek First” and how often the worries of this world can hinder our generosity and the happiness and effectiveness of the life God has called us to lead. God is the maker and owner of everything. We are called to be heart-felt good stewards, managers of what God has entrusted to us – our time, talents, treasures, bodies, emotions, relationships and life itself.
The Lord has richly blessed St. Michael Lutheran Church this past year as we strive to continue to carry out our mission of “Connecting People with the Living God”:
- We continue to be faithful to the Word of God.
- The Lord is opening up increasing doors of ministry here and in the community and our facility is being used more with each passing month.
- We have been blessed with a hardworking staff, lay leadership and members who passionately serve in harmony, led by the Spirit, to carry out this mission.
- We continue to aggressively reduce our indebtedness.
- We have been blessed with numerous capital improvements to the building and grounds to enhance our worship and other ministry activity.
- The Spirit is moving mightily amidst our ministry and I believe God has so much in store for us ministry wise, by His grace, for a time such as this! We are thankful for the generosity of God’s people this past year and His provision. We desire to be able to meet the additional opportunities He is putting before us.
We are prayerfully asking each member to over the next few weeks consider their financial commitment for 2016. By faith, we encourage you to reflect upon the blessings that God has graced your life with and boldly and prayerfully accept the challenge to consider increasing your financial support for the mission and ministry of our church for 2016 for a time such as this.
In addition this year, in keeping with our church mission statement, we are asking you to prayerfully consider strengthening your connection to the Living God by planning to participate in one of more of the following in 2016: attend a Bible study, volunteer in a ministry, work on improving your health and/or prayerfully lead a person to Christ. This can be noted on the Faith Giving Card.
In a separate mailing, you will receive your 2016 Faith Giving Card. Since a Faith Giving Statement is an individual commitment between you and God, it will not be recorded, but dedicated to God at the altar, on Stewardship Sunday, November 22, 2015, as a faith based gesture and later destroyed sealing the individual faith commitment!
The Lord’s blessings as you Seek Him First!